We aim to cater for the needs of all who visit the Brendon Arms. We are a traditional country inn by the sea, the beach is a 5 minute fairly level walk. We have a ramp access of the street to the front of the building and a small 2cm step up to the bars carpeted area inside.
We have 9 en-ensuite guest bedrooms, all of which are on the first floor accessed by narrow stairs from the ground floor. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
- Public transport supporting Bude from Exeter, Barnstaple and local towns and villages all drop off at the same place in the town, the stop is approximately 10 minute walk from the pub. We can provide the local taxi numbers.
- There is a post office/shop within a 2 minute walk and the main shops in town are less than a 10 minute walk.
- Brochures and menus can be provided in large print by prior arrangement
- We have a website www.brendonarms.co.uk with some photos of the rooms and pub interior. As well as Links to local amenities & leisure pursuits.
- You can contact us via phone, email or fax (details below)
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- We are on the main road leading out of the town towards Widemouth Bay, over the mini roundabout next to The Falcon Hotel.
- Our car park is across the road, opposite the Brendon Arms there are no bays marked out but there is ample parking in the car park and also on the street outside the pub. The car park has a flat and fairly even gravel type surface. There is a sloped entrance/exit to pavement and steps in the corner which have a grab rail but the steps are uneven.
- On arrival at the property there are two entrances; one is on the right of the building and the other to the side of the main building down a lit corridor. Both entrances have a sloping pavement of paving slabs and tarmac.
- The accommodation is available after 2pm and as the pub is open all day; check-in is possible throughout the day at the lounge bar (left of the main entrance).
- The accommodation is accessed from the bar with a step (12cm) down into a corridor and a step (5cm) up into a narrow stairway to the bedrooms on the first floor.
- We can assist guests with luggage when showing you to your room.
Main Entrance & Reception
- We have two paved entrances to the inn. There is ramp access off the street through the lawned garden. The main pub entrance to the right has a paved surface and a small raised lip at the double door-way. Only one of the doors is usually open (81cm), the other (81cm) can be opened on request. There is a small step (2cm) up to the carpeted bar area inside.
- The other entrance is past the smoking shelter up a lit corridor with a low step (12cm) into the bar to the right and a low step (5cm) to the accommodation entrance to the left. Both entrances off the corridor have doors which are open during opening hours.
- The beer garden at the front of the building has picnic-style seating and the main lawned area is slightly sloped. The sides of the garden are accessible by stepping up onto them; there is a graduated step along the garden either side of the grassed area.
- On arrival, guests are required to complete our visitors' book and are then shown to their rooms and our facilities are explained.
- We have 9 guest bedrooms, all of which are on the first floor accessed by narrow (80cm) stairway from the ground floor.
- There are 6 steps to a small landing where there are another 6 steps up to one room and another 5 steps the other way to two rooms; the stairs have grab rails. The rest of the rooms are up another 2 steps and through a doorway; all stairs and landings are carpeted.